What is Actophlem Cough?
Actophlem Cough Syrup is used for Bronchodilator, Chest tightness, Patients with metabolic alkalosis, Patients with hypochloremic states, Allergic rhinitis, Hay fever and other conditions.
- Actophlem Cough Syrup contains Ammonium Chloride, Diphenylpyraline, Etofylline Nicotinate, Sodium Citrate and Theophylline as active ingredients.
- Actophlem Cough Syrup works by increasing the excretion of extracellular electrolytes and water out of the body; reducing the effects of histamine; increasing the expansion of bronchial tubes; regulating the intake of sodium and potassium; relaxing muscles and opening air passages;
- Adcock Ingram manufactures Actophlem Cough Syrup.
Actophlem Cough Syrup Uses
Actophlem Cough Syrup is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Chest tightness
- Patients with metabolic alkalosis
- Patients with hypochloremic states
- Allergic rhinitis
- Hay fever
- Allergic skin disorders
- Gastric problems
- Kidney stones
- Shortness of breath
- Interruption of breathing in newborns
Actophlem Cough Syrup Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Actophlem Cough Syrup improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Increasing the excretion of extracellular electrolytes and water out of the body.
- Reducing the effects of histamine.
- Increasing the expansion of bronchial tubes.
- Regulating the intake of sodium and potassium.
- Relaxing muscles and opening air passages.
Actophlem Cough Syrup - Composition and Active Ingredients
Actophlem Cough Syrup is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Ammonium Chloride - 720Mg/30Ml
- Diphenylpyraline - 8Mg/30Ml
- Etofylline Nicotinate - 10Mg/30Ml
- Sodium Citrate - 300Mg/30Ml
- Theophylline - 100Mg/30Ml
Actophlem Cough Syrup - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Actophlem Cough Syrup. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Injection site reactions
- Irregular breathing
- Progressive drowsiness
Actophlem Cough Syrup - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Actophlem Cough Syrup, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid drinking or eating foods high in caffeine
- Consult a doctor if you are taking aminophylline or xanthines
- Consult a doctor if you have cardiac failure, hypertension, impaired renal function or peripheral and pulmonary edema
- Consult a doctor in case you have cardiac failure, hypertension, epilepsy, hyperthyroidism, renal or hepatic dysfunction
- Crystals can be dissolved by placing container in warm water bath
Actophlem Cough Syrup - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Actophlem Cough Syrup may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Actophlem Cough Syrup may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Alginic acid
- Aluminum hydroxide
Actophlem Cough Syrup - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Actophlem Cough Syrup is a contraindication. In addition, Actophlem Cough Syrup should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Acute dehydration
- Heat cramps
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.